Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Lots of visitors = a busy weekend

This last weekend seemed busy. We went sledding again, well what else do you expect us to do with all of this snow. My cousin Melissa and her fiance Russ and little girl Kaelee joined us in the fun. At least it was a little warmer this time compared to the last 2 times. Clayton & Mekenna got bored with just sledding down the hill, so Clayton proposed the idea of making a jump. Shawn agreed to a small jump. The kids had a blast hitting the jump and thank heavens nobody was injured (seriously injured I should say). On the last run of the day Clayton & Mekenna went down holding onto each others feet and after hitting the jump Mekenna's head hit Clayton's cheek. There was no visible damage, but it must of hurt because Clayton cried pretty hard for awhile. I will have to admit the jump was fun and maybe a little painful. I went on it four times, twice by myself, once with Oscar, and once with Kaelee. It was also fun to watch the kids enjoy the experience so much.
Then on Sunday we had a friend of ours Jack over to watch the Super Bowl. I was cheering for Arizona, but unfortunately they were not able to pull it off. I don't watch much football anymore but it was a good game and some good commercials as well. In celebration of the Super Bowl I decided to try some different recipes for the game food. I made an Espinaca Con Queso dip that was pretty delicious. I also did some chicken wings, which I have never made before. The wings turned out okay, but I definitely have a few different ideas to try next time and I think they will turn out much better. We also had cut up strawberries covered in yogurt. Of course celery and ranch dip to go with the chicken wings. Yes Ranch not Bleu Cheese neither Shawn nor I am a big fan of Bleu Cheese. For the sweet tooth we had a bowl of regular & peanut M&M's to munch on.

So I guess if you throw in visitors and the Super Bowl the weekend seems to be busy, maybe I should just say busier than usual.

No comments: