Tuesday, February 24, 2009

This Weekend Short & Sweet-- well sort of

Shawn ran a temperature of 100-102 on Friday & Saturday. It finally broke late Saturday night and I was relieved. It stresses me out when someone I love is running a fever. So we nestled in at home to give him lots of rest. We made it a movie weekend. We rented three movies -- Nights in Rodanthe which I had be wanting to see since it came out. It was not as good as the book, but I enjoyed it none the less and Shawn slept through most of it. Which is a good thing because it made me cry and Shawn would have teased me if he had been awake. Quarantine was the next one and it is one of those scary movies. It made me jump a couple of times and unfortunately we watched it at night right before bed, which in turn caused me to have weird/scary dreams almost all night. I thought watching the HGTV channel for about an hour after the movie and before bed would get my mind on a different track, but it didn't. The third movie we watched was Swing Vote with Kevin Costner it was good it had some funny moments and tried to prove a point. The relationship and interaction between Kevin Costner's character and his daughter I thought were the best parts of the show.
We watched the Nascar race on Sunday, with not much to be excited about. The race was in California and it had a few rain delays, but they ended up finishing the race in the end. Jr.'s engine went kaput and he wasn't able to finish the race, which of course we did not like. One of the positive things that came out of the race is Kyle Busch (the driver we dislike very much) did not win. Yeah! Yeah!
We leave early Thursday morning to go to Las Vegas and we are very excited. We are ecstatic to leave all this snow behind for a few days, plus it is supposed to be in the low 70's all week. To us that will be a heat wave. We are planning on wearing shorts, but I am packing pants just in case. The big reason we are headed to Sin City is to watch the Las Vegas Nascar race live. Something Shawn has wanted to do for a long time. We have tickets to the Nationwide race (Saturdays race) and the Sprint Cup race (Sundays race) the big race. Shawn found out yesterday that Dale Earnhardt Jr. will be in both races, normal he just races in the Sprint Cup races. That news only makes it more exciting to watch the Nationwide race. We would love to see Jr. win either or both of these races. We also plan to golf, catch a show, visit Margaritaville and more. I will share the experience and photos when we get back.

No comments: