Wednesday, October 1, 2008

UpDaTE on LiFE. . . .

I wanted to give a quick update on the happenings of the Terry Terrain---
Shawn went to the doctor today to have his knee looked at. His knee is not doing any better than it was a month ago so the doctor is going to scope his knee and if they find something wrong fix it while they are already in there. Surgery will be next Thursday, October 9. Yes, yes I know a week out, but what do you expect we live in Star Valley, Wyoming. It might sound funny but I hope they find something wrong to fix. So then they can fix the problem and maybe his knee will start to heal. It is so hard to not see any improvement as time goes on. Plus, I know Shawn is sick and tired of sitting at home. (And watching the OJ trial on Tru TV, well maybe not so much that, because he finds that whole thing fascinating).

Other updates-- Shawn shot his deer! He drove the truck up Greys River somewhere and was able to drive up close enough to a bunch of deer. He watched a group of deer with numerous bucks for about an hour and found the one he wanted. He took a small hike and was successful at shooting the biggest 4 point he has ever shot. He was extremely excited!! I am proud and very happy for him, plus it puts meat in the freezer. There will be pictures to come once the antlers return from the taxidermist. Now he just needs to get his elk and 2 antelope. The kids and I will go with him on the antelope hunt. We did last year and had a great time. Hunting season has just begun!

Clayton is in 5th grade and is playing football for school. Let me just say who knew 5th grade football was taken so seriously. His team is currently undefeated, which has been a very exciting accomplishment for the team and him. Clayton plays almost the whole game on both offense and defense, he only sits out a few plays here and there. It has been a great confidence booster for him. His last regular season game is tonight. We are headed to Driggs to watch. I will let you know the outcome. Plus after regular play they will be going to the playoffs. Not exactly sure what that is about as of yet. Like I said I will let you know the outcome plus post pictures.

Shawn's brother, Jason, and his wife, Christianna, are going to be stopping by to see us on their way back to Oregon. I believe the drove to Tennessee to take one of their dogs to a jumping competition. I could be wrong on numerous facts there so don't quote me on any of that. They are going to come to Clayton's game, then go visit other family in the area, and then come stay with us on Friday. We are looking forward to having them visit. Shawn and Jason don't see each other very often, so it will be good for them to catch up.

As for me the same old same old -- work. As for Mekenna she is excelling in school and judo. She is getting so big, but still says the darndest things. Oscar, what can I say about Oscar besides he is 100% spoiled and loved by the whole family. He does whatever puppies do- sleep, eat, play- must be nice!

2 comments:

jess and seth said...

Mandy--So good to catch up on your blog! Good luck with your husband's surgery--it's no fun to have a sick/injured husband. Hope all goes well! And your kids are way cute--I can't believe you have one old enough to play football!!!! :)

Morgen said...

Hey Mandi...I found you through a bunch of other blogs. I love finding people I know:) Just thought I would say hi...hi:) looks like you guys are good, your family is so cute. hope you don't mind if I peek in once in a while.
Morgen(boughton)Olson