Monday, October 27, 2008

Alone. . . how was I ever use to this?

So I find myself alone tonight, which does not happen very often. I am glad it does not happen very often, because I am missing Shawn very much. Since I am by myself with nothing more demanding to do I thought I would share the latest.

I will start with an update on Shawn's knee. The stitches are out and he is religiously attending physical therapy and really seems to be on the mend. Last week was a little rough-- he was sick with a little flu/cold bug which made him more miserable. He is now feeling better all around and it is a good thing because I really do think Shawn is ready to go back to work. He will see the doctor on Wednesday for a check-up and maybe will get an idea of when he can return to work. But the reason I find myself alone tonight can anyone guess . . . I will give you some hints it is a four letter word that starts with an H ends with "ing" and yes to me is a bad word. For those who guessed HUNTING you are correct. Ray has an antelope tag for the Casper area and wanted Shawn to go with him. Since Shawn is bored and has nothing better to do plus Shawn and I hunted that area last year and kind of know the area why not go help Ray get his last antelope. I still miss him no matter the reason he is gone.

This weekend was our weekend to have the kids and we got them for one extra day, which was great because we haven't had much time with them this month. We had a pretty busy weekend planned. I love to carve pumpkins I would say it is my favorite thing about Halloween. Clayton & Mekenna also get excited to carve pumpkins. On Saturday it was a nice enough day to enjoy the weather and create are master pieces at the same time. We gathered together all that is needed to carve pumpkins and when you think about it there is quite a few items needed. We then immersed ourselves in our pumpkin masterpieces and the mess was all outside, which was the best part. Yah!! We helped the kids with there pumpkins and then I had fun carving mine.


Shawn hard at work helping Clayton perfect his carving.



I am busy taping and tracing the pattern on Mekenna's pumpkin.


Clayton's Alien Invasion


Mekenna's Scaredy Cat


All 3 Pumpkins lit up that night.



Also, we had a birthday to celebrate. Clayton turns 11 on October 30. Boy is that a scary thought!! However, since we won't get to see him on his special day and next weekend is spent at his mom's house we had to celebrate a little early. Shawn made his birthday cake which was German Chocolate with the Coconut & Pecan frosting. The cake was so, so good. Great job babe! Since we went halves with Clayton's mom on a season ski pass (which was not cheap) he did not have many more gifts to open. But he also received a new PlayStation 2 game (that we bought on clearance), a new very challenging puzzle (that will only be completed with my help), and a new Bionicle. Clayton collects Bionicles. He also received a birthday card from Grandma & Grandpa Peterson that had money and a whoopee cushion, which he thought was the coolest thing.





Just a scary thought Christmas is just around the corner, anybody ready for it yet?!?!

No comments: