Friday, January 2, 2009

A New Year. . . what is in store?

First off, I have to confess I took our Christmas tree down earlier than normal. I took it down two days after Christmas. I usually wait until New Year's day or the first weekend after New Year's, however, we did not have room for the tree to begin with and Shawn & I were both ready for normalcy & room to move. Just a side note Oscar was also ready for things to return to normal. He enjoys running around the living room & the Christmas tree made that impossible to do.
Ringing in 2009--
I had a doctor's appointment in Idaho Falls on New Year's Eve. We got off work at noon & headed to I.F. I went to my doctors appointment & then we ran errands that we can only do in I.F. After that we went to O'Callahan's to meet my mom & step-dad to pick up Christmas gifts. We had planned to go to dinner & catch a movie after that, but our plans changed. We stayed @ O'Callahan's for dinner & rang in the New Year there. It was great to see my Mom, Lynn (step-dad), Aunt Sharlene, & Ted(family friend). Instead of driving home at 1 o'clock in the morning we stayed at my mom's, she has a guest bedroom. Shawn & I got up the next morning & went to breakfast before our track home. On the way home we hit bad roads so the second half of the drive was slow. We were both tired from staying up so late & I fell asleep for awhile on the ride home. Once home we showered & were completely lazy until Shawn went to go pick up Clayton & Mekenna.
It took him over 2 hours to get the kids because of the bad roads, but once again they made it home with no incidents. Thank heavens! I am looking forward to what adventures the new year brings. I am happy & feel blessed to have a great husband- Shawn, Clayton, Mekenna, Oscar, & a loving extended family to spend it with.

2 comments:

Bon said...

I am glad you had a fabulous New years and Christmas you deserve it. I am with you on the tree. I took my down early, although I always do. I like things back in order. Wish I was that direction so I could have seen you!:)

Hanna in the Hizzzouse.. said...

We always take ours down the day after Christmas. I love it when its up and when its down. I hope that the New Year brings you and your cute little family so much happiness Mandi. We love you.