Tuesday, January 20, 2009

LauraLee, Chase, & Emmalee come to WY

My sister LauraLee and her two little ones, Chase & Emmalee, came to visit us. They hadn't had a chance to make it up to see our new house yet. For those who don't know we finally were able to buy a house in April of '08. LauraLee braved approximately a two hour road trip with a 4 year old and a 1 year old. We haven't had any storms lately so luckily the roads we good. We planned a sledding trip. So we got Clayton, Mekenna, Chase, Emmalee, and ourselves all bundled up to go play in the snow. Unfortunately the curse of extreme cold weather was upon us once again. So we did not stay out long because we were all getting frost bitten on our cheeks. Not really but after coming inside it looked like it. Plus the kids were getting tired quickly from climbing up the big hill, and I was getting tired as well. You would think running 2 miles on a treadmill 4 to 5 days a week would help with that, but I guess not.
Once we got back to the house we made hot chocolate with mini marshmallows for everyone that wanted some-- Yummy, Yummy. Then we visited and let the kids play. We made lasagna for dinner, which was an adventure on its own, but it turned out delicious. After we filled our tummies the kids played a little longer, before LauraLee got Chase & EmmaLee in there pj's in hopes that the would sleep on the way home. Chase was having so much fun he did not want to leave, he want as far as to go hide in our shower in hopes of prolonging his time with us. It was enjoyable to see them and spend time with them. We appreciate LauraLee taking time out of her busy schedule to come visit we all had a great time. I will have to post the cute pictures of the get together later. I do not have my camera with me here at work. I know, I know I should be working not blogging, however, it is slow and I do not feel like doing the projects I have on my to do list.

1 comment:

Morgen said...

don't you hate that it has to be cold to be able to sled:) sounds like alot of fun...now get back to work:)