Tuesday, December 30, 2008

**CHriStMas 2008**

We had a great Christmas and everyone was spoiled. Shawn & I finally bought a camcorder. We have been wanting one for quite some time and we decided it would be our big gift to each other. Clayton's big gift this year was the drum set he has been wanting for over a year now. We happened to get lucky on this gift. My sister Sheila was wanting to sale her old drum set (that is still in great shape), so we bought it from her at a very good price. Thanks Sheila it is a hit. Clayton was extremely excited about the drums and started playing right away and all I have to say is they are very loud and Oscar does not like them (which is not a surprise). Mekenna received a patch for her Judo uniform that she has been wanting as well as her own DVD player. They both received numerous other gifts.

We always get the kids on Christmas Day around 2:00 or so which we look forward to. So when there was all these winter storm warnings for Christmas Eve & Day we became nervous and started watching the Internet for updates and closures. Around noon on Christmas day the roads we needed to get the kids were showing signs of closing. Shawn called the kids and told them to get headed our way and then got in the truck and took off to tackle the bad roads. The snow plow had the road blocked to go around the Palisades. Shawn talked to the driver and explained our situation. The driver said if Shawn hurried and was careful he could go thru, so he did and was able to pick up the kids. Then they turned around to come back and came upon a road block the other way. Well Shawn was determined to get home, he went around the barricade. The roads around the Palisades weren't plowed and covered in about six inches of snow. There were some scary roads but with good driving and determination Shawn, Clayton, & Mekenna made it home. We enjoyed opening gifts, each others company and a good dinner. Oh and a lot of snow!!



Our Christmas Tree (you can never seem to get a good picture of a Christmas Tree)

Three of my favorite people!!


My boys Christmas morning!!


For Christmas Oscar got a bed & a bird toy, both which he loves.

Not a great picture but the only one I could find of me on Christmas ( I am usually behind the camera and I am okay with that)


Clayton sitting @ his drum set for the first time

Clayton playing his drum set while Mekenna covers her ears, not because it sounded bad but because the drums are so loud!


MeRRy ChRisTmaS ALL!!!

5 comments:

Hanna in the Hizzzouse.. said...

Okay, I just did some major catching up on all of your FABULOUS posts! Chandler always loves looking at your blog, and lets me know that she never gets to see Mckenna anymore. I am so glad that you guys had a wonderful Christmas, and I am jealous of the camcorder.We hope to see you sooner rather than later. We love you guys and hope you have a wonderful New Year!!!

Unknown said...

I think you are so brave to get drums! I guess it's good for them--helps them release energy/tension! The thing I hate most about the snow is driving in it! I'm glad they were able to make it home. Have a happy new year!

Sheila Fish said...

Well, it sounds like your Christmas was a success! I'm so glad that Clayton enjoyed the drums.. hopefully they aren't too torturous for you guys!! Oh, and we love the Christmas gifts your guys sent us.. perfect perfect!! Thanks so much! We can't wait to see you again!

Morgen said...

ok, so I put you on my blog list FOREVER ago but apparently I forgot to hit "save" so I thought you were on there but you weren't:) So when I log in to my google/blogger reader thing I just thought you never updated:) I am so clueless sometimes! looks like you had a good christmas, and that snow was awful!

LGourley said...

Happy to see that you guys had a good Christmas. We sure miss you guys and definetely need to plan a sledding trip and come see your house trip. Let me know when you have the kids again and I will see what I can set up.