Friday, December 12, 2008

Short & Sweet Updates

So to say the least I have fallen behind on posting. I hope to get caught up with numerous short but sweet posts to get anyone who reads this thing updated on the happenings of the Terry Family.

THANKSGIVING
On turkey day Shawn & Clayton went elk hunting. Yes I said elk hunting! Since Shawn's knee is still on the road to recovery we decided for Shawn to put in for a chance to get drawn to hunt the elk refuge in Jackson. Well he was lucky and was drawn. So that he did not miss anymore work he put in for the week of Thanksgiving. Shawn & Clayton woke up very early on Thanksgiving day to get to the refuge before sunrise. Long story short the only cow elk they saw was before sunrise, which if you follow the law you are not allowed to shoot when it is dark out. If I remember right the also saw cow elk far away to far to shoot and on the run.
While the boys were hunting Mekenna and I were busy cooking turkey dinner, watching the parade, and doing crafts. Because Mekenna absolutely loves to do crafty things. The boys returned home mid afternoon after not having much luck seeing any elk. We had a good Thanksgiving dinner and enjoyed each others company. I am very thankful for all that I have.

DAY AFTER THANKSGIVING
The day after Thanksgiving started like the day before. The boys were up extra early to go find those elusive elk. With the result being the same as the day before, only seeing the cow elk when it was to dark to shoot. However, the boys had great bonding time and also walked a total of about 10 miles if you add both days together. The girls were once again at home being crafty and bonding. Mekenna really wanted curly hair for the day. So she took a shower we then blow dried her hair and once it was dried we rolled her hair up in curlers. Mekenna was extremely satisfied with the outcome. I would have to agree her hair was really cute all curly. We took a picture to preserve the memory. Looking at the picture I told Shawn how grown up she was looking. Once the boys were done hunting we girls met them to go find our Christmas tree. After a fun hour of searching we found a good tree that we all liked. By the way I would say Oscar had the most fun of us all. He was so happy running around, up and down the mountain side. We took our tree home and had a good time decorating it.

CHRISTMAS CARD

I actually got our Christmas card done early this year. I wanted to use our family pictures and was looking to just order one of those picture cards online. However, they seemed expensive plus I did not find anything I really liked. I decided to create my own using Print Shop. I love doing these sorts of things anyway, it is just a matter of finding time for it. Here is the outcome of my Christmas card creation--

CHRISTMAS SHOPPING
We were successful in completing our Christmas shopping the first weekend in December. Yah!! It was a super long day in Idaho Falls, but it was a big accomplishment. Especially when both Shawn & I were limping around. His knee was bugging him and I had a bummed hip. On Thursday morning December 4th I woke up with a really sore right side hip. As the day progressed it hurt more and more. A couple of times to where I couldn't move without tears coming to my eyes. Just a side note I tend to have a very high tolerance for pain. Anyways I called a chiropractor to see if he could help with the pain. He created more pain trying to fix the pain, but in the end a couple visits to him and I was feeling better. It is still a little sore, but nothing like before.
More to come soon . . . .

2 comments:

Bon said...

You have been busy! The Pictures are so cute! I am glad you had a great Thanksgiving!

LGourley said...

I can't wait until we start getting a real Christmas tree. We are hoping next year will work (i.e., Emmmalee will be big enough that we can tell her no about touching the tree/pulling it over and she will understand and listen). We will have to come and go sledding and see your house sometime.