Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Just a quick update...

Yesterday--
November 4, 2008 I voted for the first time. As you can probably tell I am proud of myself. I am surprised how passionate I have become with politics. Not passionate as in becoming one, but I realize I have very strong opinions when it comes to politics and government. Don't get me wrong I still need to educate myself on many levels before I do a debate or something, but I am working on obtaining more knowledge. That is far as I am going to elaborate on this subject at this time because opinions on this matter are still very emotional today.

Bad news --
It snowed and rained yesterday. Combine those two things together with the cold and that equals extremely slick roads. I knew this last night so I left for work extra early this morning and it is a good thing I did, because I needed all the time I could get. I was slipping and sliding and fish tailing numerous times. Boy am I not the least bit excited for this weather to continue. This is the first time I have driven our Uplander on these kinds of roads and I wasn't sure what to expect. Let's just say that as soon as I was parked at work I called Shawn to inform him that I think snow tires might be a very good idea, and he agreed. Even though I do not want to spend the money on them I know I would feel much more safe with them. As I say to everybody who asks I like winter but I hate driving on bad roads. Living in the great state of Wyoming I have many months of this to look forward to.


Halloween--
Unfortunately we did not have the kids for Halloween, however, we talked to them and it sounded like they had a great time. Clayton dressed up as Freddy Kruger (not sure if I spelled that right) and Mekenna went as a bat princess (whatever that is). Hopefully we will get a picture of them. As for Shawn and I . . . . well I get excited for the trick or treaters to come to my house so we stayed home. We cooked dinner and watched Fear Factor Psycho Edition and then put in a scary movie, The Strangers. During a particularly scary part our door bell ring (trick or treaters) and it made us both jump. So for the most part our Halloween night consisted of snuggling and enjoying the time together.


Sorry no pictures to attach to this post!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the new picture (it must be one of the one's that Dad took). The picture really looks nice and you all look great.

Hanna in the Hizzzouse.. said...

I second what Lauralee said.That stinks that you didn't have the kids for Halloween, but there costumes sounded cute! I am so glad that you voted. I think that it is so important for us to practice our freedoms. We love you!