Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Harry Potter & the Half Blood Prince

Harry Potter & the Half Blood Prince movie opened in the theaters on July 15th, not that most if not all of you already knew that. Hard not to know with all the hoopla about it. Although we did not get to see it until that Saturday the 18th. I bought tickets in advance online and on Saturday we made the trip to Idaho Falls. We very rarely go to the theater to watch a movie, but being the big Harry Potter fan that I am I wanted to see this movie on the big screen. Shawn is not a huge fan like myself, but does enjoy watching the Harry Potter movies. Thanks for putting up with me babe.

After reading a few reviews by critics and fans I decided to go watch it with the attitude that the movie will not be as good as the book (they never are) and just enjoy it for the entertainment that it is. I believe since this is the attitude I took it allowed me to enjoy it. Would it be nice for it to play out just like the book? Yes, but as we all know that will never happen. Which is why reading or listening to the book and using your imagination is all the better.
The movie is 2 1/2 hours long, but both Shawn & I agreed it did not feel like it, which is a good thing. It shows that we both liked the movie and it had some entertainment value. Now I am back to patiently waiting for The Deathly Hallows movies. In the meantime I have the movie New Moon from the Twilight Series to look forward to on November 20th, yah yah.

No comments: