Sunday, July 19, 2009

Independence Day a.k.a. 4th of July

How to start, but to say that it sure is hard to find time to blog in the summer. Well as we all know we celebrated the 4th of July a couple weeks ago. We decided to go camping for the three day weekend. It was fun, but I sure did get tired of the rain, cold, & MUD. The best day of weather we had was on Sunday, when we had to pack up and get home. Thursday night it down poured so Shawn and a couple friends of ours sat under our awning and visited. While the kids and I put on our PJ's and watched movies in the camper. Both Friday and Saturday had a few hours of sun, which gave us enough warmth to ride the jet skis. Which we always have a fun time with. However, I would say we battled more rain (which in turn created mud) than I wanted to. Plus to top things off we camped just over the state line, so we were in Idaho where fireworks were illegal. If you got caught lighting them off you could get a $200 ticket. We had a good 4th of July, but my request for next year is less rain please!!

Our little camping spot

Brandon (friend), Mekenna, and Jeff (friend)

Mekenna

Oscar- he absolutely hated the sound of fireworks even the ones from a distance

Clayton eat breakfast

The kids lighting little fireworks and fire crackers (as long as they did not go in the air they were legal, supposedly)

Evening of the 4th, the sun wasn't shy for a little bit. That is what Mekenna says when it is raining-- she says the sun is just being shy.

Shawn watching the kids closely with the fireworks

Mekenna pretending to drive the jet ski

Mekenna and her friend Rachelle -- can we say cute but trouble
Stay tuned for more posts. I have a lot to share I just have to find the time!!

1 comment:

Bridgette said...

I know what you mean about time. I still haven't posted my July 4th pictures. Thanks for sharing yours!