Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Trevor Comes Home

My brother Trevor returned from his mission on May 29th. He served a 2 year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in Russia. The family was way excited to have him back. Instead of overwhelming him with tons of family, it was decided only immediate family would go to the Salt Lake City Airport to pick him up. My dad drove the Suburban with my step-mom Sandy riding shot gun and in the back we had my sisters LauraLee & Sheila my brother Chris and myself. The ride down had some great family reminiscing. We shared stories and caught up on each others lives. Well except my brother Chris was for the most part quiet as usual, he was probably thinking "I volunteered to ride from I.F. to SLC with a bunch of talkative sisters what was I thinking!" He piped in when he could get a word in, but it was a challenge everyone was excited. The plane was only delayed by 30 minutes or so, and we wanted to be there early just in case. So we impatiently waited and played some card game.

While waiting we realized other families welcoming back missionaries had balloons and signs. Well we didn't have either of those. So we improvised and made a small and simple sign while we were waiting. You can see are great work of art below.

Sandy checking on the flight

Group Photo of everybody impatiently waiting
LauraLee, Chris, Sheila (holding the sign we made), my dad John, and Sandy

A close up of our sign

Trevor coming down the stairs

He is finally here




Leaving the airport

That is where my pictures end, because my batteries in my camera were dead. After we excitedly welcomed Trevor home and few tear of happiness were shed we headed to find something to eat. We stopped at Garcia's for some good grub and conversation. Then we piled into the Suburban for the trip home. During dinner and the trip home Trevor was able to share so many stories and some of the things he had learned the last 2 years. It was interesting and entertaining to listen to all of it. I finally got to my house at 3:30 in the morning, and boy was I tired. I could have slept at my parents house in I.F. , but I needed to get home to help lay sod the next day. More on that on the next post. Overall great memories were made with my family!! It is great to have you home Trevor, love ya!!

No comments: