Friday, June 12, 2009

Grass

Friends of ours Ed & Barbara Garner built a house last year, so they have been wanting grass for their yard. They ordered 13 palettes of sod, and for exchange for helping them lay all that sod they offered to give us 2 palettes of that sod. Even though if you ask them the grass is for Oscar. They said he needs some grass to play & go potty on. So any way, bright and early Saturday morning a few weeks ago Shawn & I showed up at the Garners to lay sod. When we started there were 5 of us, and when we finished 7 hours later there were 8 of us total. It was a good workout, but I was glad to be done after that many hours. Plus, I was already tired from getting to bed at 4:00 a.m. that morning (see why in the post Trevor Comes Home). That was a lot of sod to lay, but it was a nice day and I was able to work on my tan.
The pictures below are of the sod at our house. Shawn and a friend of ours Jeff laid it Friday night while I was making the trip to SLC and back to pick up Trevor. So I missed out on laying our sod, but I am extremely thankful to my husband and Jeff for doing it. Since laying all that sod we have had nothing but rain for 2 1/2 weeks to help water the sod. However, I am sick of the rain I have sprinklers to water the lawn.

side of the house

the backyard, you can see were the sod ends :-(

Now if we just had the money to finish the yard, but the 2 palettes went a lot further than we thought they would. We are extremely happy with the results of what we have it just makes you want the rest of it to be done. Thank you Ed & Barbara Oscar loves his new grass. P.S. so do Shawn & I!

No comments: