Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Turkey Day

Shawn & I went Elk Hunting for Thanksgiving, Shawn's dad Don joined us. I hiked around with them for the first half of the day. Then when all I was doing was slowing them down I hiked back to the truck for a nap and to read a good book "Dear John" by Nicholas Sparks. Since Shawn hunted all day and planned on hunting again the next day and it was over an hour drive home we checked into a hotel. We went and had turkey dinner at The Wort, the dinner was alright but for dessert we shared a glacier pie and it was so darn good. Next time we eat there I am going to just order the glacier pie. I did not feel like going hunting the next day so I stayed at the hotel with the puppies to read and watch tv, while Shawn continued the hunt. After another long day of hunting for Shawn and a long day at the hotel for me we headed home with no elk in the back of the truck. Unlucky for us, but it was not for a lack of trying. Shawn hunted his heart out this season with no luck.
Shawn the morning of Thanksgiving. As you can see it was rather foggy, which didn't help the hunting .

Here is a picture I took while I was waiting in the truck Thanksgiving afternoon.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!!

No comments: