Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Random Things

A couple weekends back when we had the kids we went to Jackson to see the movie "Race to Witch Mountain". I think I was more excited to see it then Clayton & Mekenna were. I remotely remembered the old Witch Mountain movies and wanted to see the modern take on the idea. The movie was good we will probably buy it when it comes out. Just so you know what that means to us is we don't buy many movies unless we really like them. After seeing the new movie I wanted to see the old ones again, so I bought the 2 movie special from the Disney Movie Club. We are trying to finish our membership with them anyway. Of course the old ones do not have the special effects and action of the new one but were fun to watch. If you are looking for a good family movie I recommend "Race to Witch Mountain". Just a side note I also bought "Watcher in Woods", I remember watching and liking it as a kid so curiosity got the best of me. Does any one else remember this oldies but goodies?


TWILIGHT -- what more can I say then I was a little behind on jumping on the bandwagon of excitement for it. However, I am like the majority of people out there and I am hooked. Since I spend so much time driving it is easier for me to listen to the books on CD then it is for me to find time to read the books. Plus I have enjoyed how the reader puts so much character into the story while reading it. I have listened to Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse. I am very impatiently waiting for Breaking Dawn to be available at the library. I want it so bad that I have been tempted the last few days to buy it. If it just weren't so darn expensive. I didn't get a chance to watch Twilight in the theater, but was also impatiently waiting for it to come to dvd, and it finally did. But living where we live I was unable to get to a store (without wasting a lot of gas) to rent it. I wanted to rent it to make sure I liked it before I bought it, and I did like it so now I want to buy it (of course). Anyway that Monday I drove all over Jackson looking for a copy to rent. Finally at my last stop I asked at the counter if any had been returned and luck was on my side one copy had. So I convinced my loving husband to watch it with me that evening. I was surprised to hear him say for the most part he liked it, the only thing he didn't like was he felt there were a couple slow spots. I love him very much for watching it with me instead of wrestling. I'll let you know if I give in to the temptation and buy it, anyone who has read/listened to the series would not fault me.


Nintendo DS Lite--
Well my loving step-children turned me on to this fun little technological toy called the Nintendo DS. The Nintendo DS Lite is a hand held device for video games, for those out there who are like me and didn't really know what they were. Any way they both have one and brought them to our house the last two weekends the were with us. I had so much fun playing with them I did something I would rarely do and bought one. Then of course you need games to play. Well I am a sucker for the old Mario Bros games. Our current game collection consists of New Mario Bros, Dr. Mario, and Yoshi's Island. I would like to get the game Professor Layton and the Curious Village it looks like something I might enjoy and I keep seeing advertisements for it. Not sure where I was going with this, but it is a fun way to pass some free time.

1 comment:

Morgen said...

Watcher in the woods! I remember that show. This will be random...I remember watching it alot in the 5th and 6th grade and thought it was half scary half lame:) but I remember that Kent Wood was TERRIFIED watching it:)
And yay for twilight...I love it:) I was so sad when I got done reading them. I got so caught up in the world of Edward and Bella that I didn't want it to end. Corianne told me I should read Midnight Sun, which is Twilight written from Edwards perspective. I read the first part of it online and loved it..but as of right now she claims she isn't going to finish writing it so I just got left hanging:(
ok, sorry about the novel:)