Thursday, April 2, 2009

Doctor Visit

A few weeks back I went to the doctor. For those who are not up to date . . . Shawn & I would love to add a baby to our family. However, for some people it is not as easy as others. We have been trying for over a year now to get pregnant without much success. I decided to set a deadline and once that deadline rolled around and if I wasn't pregnant I would finally give in an see a doctor about it. Well the deadline came and went so I set-up an appointment for the first 3 tests the doctor suggested. The tests were an ultrasound, thyroid levels, and also a progesterone level test. A few long days later the test results came back. According to the doctor everything appears normal except that my progesterone level was low. So the doctor wants to put me on a fertility drug Clomid. After that I will have to go back in again to test my progesterone level to make sure it is enough but not too much. Then we try this for 6 months and see what happens. If I am not pregnant after those 6 months we will discuss with the doctor what the next steps are. It will be nice if it all works out with this drug. We will cross our fingers and hope to be blessed.

5 comments:

Morgen said...

it may not seem like it since i have 3 kids, but I know what it's like to struggle with that. I am sorry you are going thru it. Hopefully everything will work with the clomid!!

Hanna in the Hizzzouse.. said...

Hang in there Mandi. I am a firm believer that things happen for a reason, and I know that sooner or later you will have that sweet little addition. I love you...Lot's of hugs!

Bon said...

Good luck and our prayers are with you!

Bridgette said...

It took me two years to get pregnant with my first. Infertility was one of the worst trials I have gone through in my life. It sounds like you are well on your way to getting the problem figured out. Best of luck with that!

Unknown said...

I hope everything works out, it can be so emotionally draining. Hang in there! Thinking of you!